You must be aware of how much water is needed in the body and what can happen if you are dehydrated. Actually, the real strength of the body depends on proper hydration along with all the vitamins-minerals and if you do not pay attention to it then it may also happen that you may have many problems like skin problems, heatstroke, Kidney or liver not functioning properly, the problem of water retention, etc.
In such a situation, there is a problem with many people that they are not aware of when they are getting dehydrated and how they can improve it. First of all, we need to know how to do our dehydration test by ourselves. For this, celeb nutritionist Pooja Makhija has told on her Instagram account how we can do our own dehydration test through the skin itself. Our skin can tell us whether the body needs water or not.
How to do an easy dehydration test?
dehydration of the skin can be found out how dehydrated our body. if you are traveling or are doing some work for a long time, this test must be done. For this, you can make the skin base
What to do?
- Pinch and lift the knuckles of the fingers (the skin on the joints of the fingers).
- If it goes down all of a sudden then the body is not dehydrated.
- If it takes a while to go down, your body is dehydrated.
- You can also do this test on normal skin, but the best results are only on the skin of the mimic.
The best way to overcome dehydration is to drink water slowly by sips. We like to drink a full 1 glass of water when we are very thirsty but believe it, it does not have any special effect on dehydration. You have to drink water properly for this. If you drink water after sip-sip every once in a while throughout the day, then the body will be able to stay hydrated better.
In what ways can dehydration be reduced-
If you feel that the body is dehydrated, then you can adopt these ways to fix it
- If the body is getting dehydrated, then the blood sugar level is also low, in this case, it can be right to take glucose water.
- If you are feeling weak again and again, then you can drink coconut water.
- If you are traveling somewhere, always carry a water bottle with you. You can also reduce dehydration by eating cucumber etc.
- If you feel that you are feeling dizzy due to heat and sun, then try to cool the body by going in the shade and then drink some water. It would not be right to drink water right away.
- If vomiting and diarrhea have started due to dehydration, contact a doctor immediately.
- Include vegetables and fruits with high water content in your diet